Fat Tuesday: is a tradition to stuff yourself with food before a fast of obligation on Ash Wednesday.
Martigraw: is a new Orleans tradition of parades, beads and music
Both tradition occur on the Tuesday before lent begins.
– Ash Wednesday and Fridays during lent for Catholics
– Mondays for reform Christians
– fasting exceptions Medication required eating
– Those with health issues or children under 12
Abstaining (from meat)
– On Fridays for Catholics (fish and sea foods don’t count as meat)
– On Monday for reform Christians
– Vegetarian parents encouraged the world to go vegan on Mondays once a week
Lenten Promise: Abstaining from or doing more of
– a resolution to cut back on an unhealthy habit
– a resolution to improve in an area that is a challenge
– a resolution to delay gratification between Ash Wednesday and Easter Sunday
*(some choice to limit this restriction to three days a week)
Call to action: find a pastry shop and pick up perroges (spelled phonetically) for your home, community church, or a group proud of polish tradition. One apiece to those with whom you would like to celebrate this year.